Monday 1 July 2013

Brighton exists.





When last summer I spent a few weeks in London, one friend of mine told me that I should visit Brighton, a small and charming village just 30 minutes by train from London.

The first thing I thought was, what the fuck is that unknown place? I had never heard about it so, a place I had never heard about it... how fuck was gonna be nice for me? And furthermore, I was looking in the Internet and no pictures were very delighting... I thought.





To be honest, I am not a very big fan of London, which is suppose to be one of the best beautiful? cities in Europe, or at least, one of the most important, but I think it sucks a little, it is so full of noise...and I dont know...well, about London I will write in another post. 





But Brighton is, another word, I just got delighted? When I got off the train there, in August, a sunday morning, it is a peaciful sea town, with privilegious sightseen. It is full of tourist, and it made me feel in a calm atmosphere which was full of bohemian shops, with a very interesting and own style. I think, it might be quite similar to Nice, although I've never been in Nice.





Furthermore, Brighton it is a city with a lot of life at night, a lot of clubs and pubs, with a big young atmosphere.





I recomend Brighton to visit in every season of the year or even to live there. In my case, I spent several weeks in London to improve a little my English, and visit twice Brighton, if the time went back, I would have spent all those weeks living in Brighton and I had visited London twice...




Finally, I wanna recomend you a good place to eat there, above all if you like or wanna know japanese food, it is not expensive (around 8-10 pounds). Its name is Wagamama and it is a chain of japanese restaurantes which is in several cities of UK.



All the walk around the seaside is so nice...and it has many places to see, as the Royal Pavillon, many alternative shops, Kemp Town, and Brighton Pier an amazing bridge which I think, a brilliant engineer must have built.






And one big advantage, is that there are many, many, trains between London-Brighton, almost every half an hour...they are a bit expensive...but they run very often. If you wanna save an amount of money, you should ask for a “return ticket”.



It is a pity that I didn't meet any Brightonese, I can imagine that the typical Brightenese is a tall blonde and handsome boy, not fat, with a bit face of bad, and with the skin suntuned... well, I 've been speaking with one old man, very polite, who told me that he had been a teacher of English and a diamond researcher ?? just for 10 minutes, it was my only moment with a person from there...






One thing I didn't like at all..is that they are all so red! Burned! Someone should advise them to buy a cream of 50 of level of protection...or just not to sunbuthe...in the end...they are not mediterranean.



Have you ever visited Brigthon? Did you put it in the map since I showed you, or did you know it yet? Do you agree with my opinion? What do you like and dislike more about it? Is it true that in summer all brigthonese are in Nice and all frog are in Brighton? Have you meet a brightonese which made you loose your mind? Which small place do you know in Brighton that I should visit if I go again? Do you like my pictures?













10 comments:

  1. SnarkyAlligator1 July 2013 at 21:53

    Wow, man. Amazing, man. Where do you say this Brighton is? In Arabia or something? That palace sure looks Arabian. Also, do they think they are going to cross the sea with that bridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Brighton is just 30 minutes far from London, in UK, Europe. Yes, you are right, that palace it seems inspired by the Arabians, but I dont know about it exactly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. I'm a Brightonian, I was born here, brought up here and live here and I'm never sun-burned. And we're nearly an hour by train from London, not 30 minutes. Glad you liked my home town though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I am glad to hear from you, a Brightonian, just for that it was worth to start the blog. I am over the moon.

      Delete
  4. My brother lived with his girlfriend in Brighton for a while. I went to visit with my girlfiend, she and i had a big row on the pier and I walked away. I wandered around town on my own with my head down and a pretty girl asked me if I was lost. I said i was just wandering not lost. We got chatting and walked for a little way. It was Adele before she became a famous singer, later on I recognised her on the television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh thankss for the scoop!! You were very lucky! Do you think her song "Rolling in the deep" was inspired by you"? I love her voice.

      Delete
  5. Hi this sounds crazy but i`m a poet and write lyrics very easily for songs. Her song `Hometown Glory` please listen to the lyrics in the first verse, this is exactly what I remember her saying to me and us speaking. `Is there anything I can do for dear...`
    By the way the London guy who you mentioned meeting on the London Underground who told you about Westbound and Eastbound trains...was he Indian looking or brown skin.. ?
    You picture is very familiar, strange things always happen in my life where I meet people from before, later again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adele - Hometown Glory
    http://youtu.be/BW9Fzwuf43c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was British I think, not Indian!
      and the song it could be related about your meeting with her, who knows!
      Am I familiar to you? Maybe I am quite typical Spanish girl...in the physical appearance, I mean :)

      Delete
  7. I think we might have met before I`ll email you a picture, if thats ok :)

    ReplyDelete