Thursday 1 August 2013

La Dolce Vita with Italian people

Today I won't write about a city or a place I like or I don't. I want to warn people who are planning to visit Italy, a very touristic country in the summer, about how Italians are!



First of all, Italians are, above all, a bit snooty, they all are very worried about their physical appearance, so they usually go to the gym. I have never met an Italian who didn't go to the gym, although to be honest, I've never been to Italy, and I just met two Italians in a disco once... and a girl in London from Naples, we used to go to Primark together every afternoon after English classes, she wanted to buy clothes, and I didn't want to go home early in order not to have to see my host-family...

                                                               (by Sovxx)

Italians are so worried about their appearance, that they spend a lot of money on clothes and on their cars, maybe they don't spend a lot on other things, which I consider more important (I am quite strange) like food, or the house. That is a very positive point, because everybody I talk with who visited Italy has said to me that they are so so handsome and so so good looking, men and women, both, because they always wear high heels, and very fashionable clothes. Everybody is pretty there.

Italian men know how to get round women: they have such a nice smile, and their accent is so hot. They are men who have plenty of women around. And they are proud of it.

Furthermore, it is said that they are quite male chauvinist, about this point, I really have no idea, but it is said by many people, so I trust it. But they are very polite and know how to treat a woman. That was said to me...




Italians never arrive on time, you will always have to wait for them. So, I recommend you to eat an Italian ice-cream, maybe the best ice-creams of the world?

However, there are big differences between people from the south, who are more talkative and sociable, and the north, who are... I don't know, maybe more influenced by Germany and Switzerland, serious countries, unlike the PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain).

If somebody disagrees with my opinion, you only have to see the ex prime-minister, Berlusconi, who achieved many beautiful and young women, not for his money or for his power....but also for his Italian personality and his friendliness. He might be the prototype of the Italian man.




In short, I have never been to Italy, it seems like a country with many cities to visit. But as in my city, there are plenty of Italians with the University program "Erasmus", I just wanted to talk about them a bit, and wish my friends from class, who will go with this program to Milan next course, to study hard, I mean, to live la dolce vita, that they meet many Italians, and I can have a more serious opinion about them...

But what I can't avoid thinking is.... how can Italians have so beautiful surnames? They usually end in -i and they are so nice... maybe this is the secret why they are so lucky with girls....women are just looking for a nice surname for their babies... It is a reasonable possibility.

Do you advise me to visit this country? What part of Italy?  Have you ever met an Italian person privately? Which are your favourite italian ice-creams?


7 comments:

  1. I read your post on the italian version of Huffington post. Italian men are very different from the one that you described in this article. Or should I say that there are also men that spends all their money in car, clothes and haircut but they are between the 5-10% of the total men. If you come to Italy remember one important thing "never NEVER NERVER speak about italian politics, NEVER!!!!" because is the biggest problem of Italy, we are unable to rule ourselves because everyone in Italy think to be a politician. If you come start with Florence then go to Perugia (it's better to see them in spring). Also Siena is very nice small city and in august there is a unique horse ride called Palio (very insane and medieval but you need to see it at least one time in your life). The go nord to Torino (first capital of Italy) and visit the Mole Antonelliana and Venaria (the italian version of Versailles). Then move to Genova on the Liguria coast, it is simply unique. Go also on the Adriatic coast to visit Venezia and Verona (in the mainland of Veneto) where there is the Romeo and Giuglietta balcony. At this moment I suggest you to go south and visit Rome and Naples. I end here my suggestion because I never went to the south of Italy (even if I'm Italian). For the ice cream I suggest you Giovanna (trust me), nutella (It doesn't need explanation) and stracciatella (chocolate and cream). In every city that you visit try to see what the other people are eating and copy them. You will discover that italians are not only pizza and spaghetti. But if you go to Italy to study for a year start with Florence, there is a good university, it is one the most beautiful city of Italy, the food is fantastic and it can be reached very well by train (italian railway system is a bit strange but with the time you will learn it). And a last advice : don't go to Milan it is a very ugly town.

    A.

    p.s. sorry for grammatical errors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your advice seems quite useful... are you of that 5-10%? I don't know if I will visit Italy once...but If I do...I will review your comment for sure. The girls who will study next year there are my classmates, not me. Have you got any enemy in Milano? It seems like a cosmopolitan area! And I think Laura Paussini lives there. I used to sing her songs xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm not in the 10% I'm the opposite. And yes I have an enemy in Milan : Silvio Berlusconi.

      A.

      Delete
  3. If the girl you met in London is really Italian, they're going to revoke her nationality if they find out that she has been seen in Primark! Going to Primark for an Italian must be like drinking Rioja wine in a plastic glass for a Spaniard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looollll the crisis makes a Spaniard drink alcohol in any glass...and Italian women buy in Primark...

      Delete
  4. What a funny post Marta! Never seen so many prejudices and stereotypes in such a short space. But you honestly say that you know very few Italians, so we Italians forgive you, also because after all you say nice funny things. Yes some Italians are as you say and sure is true we like to dress in a civilized manner, out of respect for ourselves and for the others. It is also true that for us friendship and social relations and love are the most important things, but I would say this should be true for everybody, isn't it?
    But please please please, never ever say that Berlusconi represents us! This, we can't forgive to anybody! He is our disgrace, not our role model; 80% of Italians did not vote for him and actually despise him.
    Thanks for your funny post anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is very funny too! I love the way you give me the reason...en the end! ;)

      Delete